Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Name Debate...!!!

How do you pick a name for your child???!!! It is such a hard decision to make! From the beginning, we have had two front-runners....

Jaxson Tyler (we would call him JT)
Andrew (Drew) William

It's really important to me to honor my Dad in our son's name...both of the above do so in different ways. :)

We love the name Jaxson (which btw...Scott has been calling him Jax for a couple of weeks now but won't actually give me a yes/no if that will be his name or not!). My Dad LOVED Jax Beach, FL...it is where he moved back to after leaving Oregon. He loved being close to his family there, loved the beaches, loved the sun, the great Southern food, the country club that he grew up on/worked at, etc. It is also where we spread part of his ashes, he loved being near/in the water so it just felt right to let him go at one of his favorite surfing spots there. Naming our first son after the place that he loved so much would also be a way (in my mind) to continue honoring him and the man he was...an amazing person and dad.



Jaxson (well, Jackson) is also my Grandpa's middle name...he too is a wonderful man with a heart of gold...so I also love the ties that we have there. :)



With Andrew William...well, we both just like Drew for a name and William was my Dad's formal name. :)

It's such a hard decision...I guess we may have to wait until he is born to decide if he looks like a JT or Drew to us. :) Or...I guess there is always the possibility of us coming up with another name before then too!!! AHHH!!!

2 comments:

K-tell said...

Those are both cute names and I love the meaning behind them...

My vote (even though you didn't ask for it!) is Andrew William-- I love the nickname Drew! Although Jaxson is neat because of the meaning... but then if you do Andrew Jaxson, there's no William.

Gee, I see where the debate comes into play! I think whichever combo you pick will be great because it's special:)

Shana said...

Hey guys! Corina just sent me a link to her blog and I ran into yours. How are you feeling? Are you so ready to just have him already? I'm so excited for you both! I'm going to put your link on my blog so easy access. :) See ya later!