Saturday, January 3, 2009

38 1/2 week update...

First and most important...nope, Jax isn't here yet! The funny "just wanted to say Hi" calls are starting to come in so I thought it was time to post an update... :)

At our 38 week appointment (last Tuesday) I was 1cm dilated and still about 50% effaced. Everything with both Jax and I still looks great...good blood pressure, steady heart beat for him, my belly measurement was right at 38 weeks, etc. I am starting to get pretty uncomfortable though...he is definitely "dropping" as I notice that I am constantly pulling my shirts down during the day to cover my belly! My feet/ankle swelling is also getting worse by the day...I can't wait for the day when I can actually see the bones in my feet again! Sleeping is also starting to get really interesting...getting in and out of bed is like an Olympic event! :) BUT...other than those few things, I am doing really well. I am just ready to have and meet this little boy!

For fun, we have started a "When will Jax arrive?" game! If you have a prediction for his arrival date (and his weight/length) email me and I will add it to the list! :) Here is the list so far:
CJ: January 5, 7lbs 1oz and 18 inches long
Grandpa Lloyd: January 9, 8lbs, 21 inches
Tera: January 10, 8lbs 4 oz, 19 inches

Bryn: January 12, 9lbs, 22 inches
Steven: January 12, 8lbs 4oz, 21 inches

Susan: January 12, 7lbs 14oz, 20 inches
Joan: January 12, 7lbs 6oz, 21 1/2 inches
Colleen: January 12, 7lbs 12oz

Grandma Shirley: January 14, 8lbs 6oz, 20 1/2 inches
Kyle Z.: January 14, 8lbs 7 oz, 22 inches
Jer: January 14, 7lbs 7 oz, 21 inches
Alisha: January 14, 7lbs 2oz
Tina: January 15, 9lbs 4 oz.
Tanna: January 15, 8lbs 5oz, 20 1/2 inches
Scotty: January 16, 9lbs 6oz (I really hope NOT!) and 22 inches
Molly: January 17, 22 inches
Keith: January 18, 8lbs 10oz, 22 inches
Grandma Debbie: January 18
Me: NO CLUE on date, 8lbs 6oz and 21 inches


I promise to keep everyone updated as things progress. :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Love, Ris

No comments: