Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Waiting for 11:30 to roll around... :)

Well, I haven't had a single contraction so it looks like this little boy will be born sometime tomorrow (thanks to medical intervention). I am feeling pretty good today...my swelling is really bad but other than that I had a really nice day. Scott's mom is down here so we spent the day getting our nails and toes done, went to lunch, walked around the mall for a bit and then I came home and took about an hour nap. We are now waiting for Scotty to get home from work and plan on going out to dinner and relaxing until it's 11:30 (which is when we need to leave for the hospital).

The plan for tonight is to check in at 12am, they will then monitor Jaxon for the first hour to make sure he is happy and content, and then they will give me my first dose of Cirvidil (to start softening my cervix). It sounds like I will also get a sleep aid in hopes that I can get a few hours in before they start the Pitocin first thing tomorrow morning. Dr. Pew is hoping that Jax will be here sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening. :)

Wish us luck! I am very excited and a little nervous (my pain tolerance SUCKS...and yes, I am more than willing to admit that!). I do plan on having an epidural but am hoping to be able to tolerate the contractions for a bit on my own. I am so looking forward to seeing and holding our little boy!!! :)

We will try our best to keep everyone updated as things progress tomorrow and will post pics ASAP. Thank you for all your love and support, it means the world to us.

Love, Ris and Scott

2 comments:

Shana said...

I'm sure everything will go super! Enjoy your last night together. I can't wait to see pics of your sweet baby! Good luck with the whole labor deal. :)

K-tell said...

Hooray!!!!!! I am so excited for you and hope that your labor is nice and smooth. Can't wait to see pictures of Jaxon!!